12 matches for Environmental Service Systems
|Alternate Occupation Titles||2 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||7 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Environmental Protection Forester
- Service Forester
- Manage public and private forested lands for economic, recreational, and conservation purposes. May inventory the type, amount, and location of standing timber, appraise the timber's worth, negotiate the purchase, and draw up contracts for procurement. May determine how to conserve wildlife habitats, creek beds, water quality, and soil stability, and how best to comply with environmental regulations. May devise plans for planting and growing new trees, monitor trees for healthy growth, and determine optimal harvesting schedules.
- Determine methods of cutting and removing timber with minimum waste and environmental damage.
- Study different tree species' classification, life history, light and soil requirements, adaptation to new environmental conditions and resistance to disease and insects.
Detailed Work Activities
- Advise others about environmental management or conservation.
- Assess compliance with environmental laws.
- Determine methods to minimize environmental impact of activities.
- Inspect condition of natural environments.
- Measure environmental characteristics.
- Monitor environmental impacts of production or development activities.
- Plan environmental research.
Learn more on the