16 matches for car rental managers
|Alternate Occupation Titles||5 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||5 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Forest Manager
- Land Management Forester
- Timber Management Assistant
- Timber Management Specialist
- Timber Manager
- Manage public and private forested lands for economic, recreational, and conservation purposes. May inventory the type, amount, and location of standing timber, appraise the timber's worth, negotiate the purchase, and draw up contracts for procurement. May determine how to conserve wildlife habitats, creek beds, water quality, and soil stability, and how best to comply with environmental regulations. May devise plans for planting and growing new trees, monitor trees for healthy growth, and determine optimal harvesting schedules.
- Conduct public educational programs on forest care and conservation.
- Establish short- and long-term plans for management of forest lands and forest resources.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of agreements and contracts for forest harvesting, forest management and leasing of forest lands.
- Plan and supervise forestry projects, such as determining the type, number and placement of trees to be planted, managing tree nurseries, thinning forest and monitoring growth of new seedlings.
- Plan cutting programs and manage timber sales from harvested areas, assisting companies to achieve production goals.
Detailed Work Activities
- Manage agricultural or forestry operations.
- Advise others about environmental management or conservation.
- Develop plans to manage natural or renewable resources.
- Direct natural resources management or conservation programs.
- Research crop management methods.
Learn more on the