50 matches for enviornmental studies
|Alternate Occupation Titles||11 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||13 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Environmental Activist
- Environmental Business Development Associate
- Environmental Consultant
- Environmental Programs Manager
- Environmental Protection Activist
- Environmental Protection Agency Counselor
- Environmental Protection Specialist
- Environmental Services Director
- Environmental Sustainability Manager
- Associate Professor Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Research Environmental Engineer
- Apply principles and processes of natural ecosystems to develop models for efficient industrial systems. Use knowledge from the physical and social sciences to maximize effective use of natural resources in the production and use of goods and services. Examine societal issues and their relationship with both technical systems and the environment.
- Analyze changes designed to improve the environmental performance of complex systems and avoid unintended negative consequences.
- Apply new or existing research about natural ecosystems to understand economic and industrial systems in the context of the environment.
- Build and maintain databases of information about energy alternatives, pollutants, natural environments, industrial processes, and other information related to ecological change.
- Carry out environmental assessments in accordance with applicable standards, regulations, or laws.
- Conduct environmental sustainability assessments, using material flow analysis (MFA) or substance flow analysis (SFA) techniques.
- Conduct applied research on the effects of industrial processes on the protection, restoration, inventory, monitoring, or reintroduction of species to the natural environment.
- Develop alternative energy investment scenarios to compare economic and environmental costs and benefits.
- Examine societal issues and their relationship with both technical systems and the environment.
- Forecast future status or condition of ecosystems, based on changing industrial practices or environmental conditions.
- Identify environmental impacts caused by products, systems, or projects.
- Identify or develop strategies or methods to minimize the environmental impact of industrial production processes.
- Investigate accidents affecting the environment to assess ecological impact.
- Investigate the adaptability of various animal and plant species to changed environmental conditions.
- Monitor the environmental impact of development activities, pollution, or land degradation.
- Perform environmentally extended input-output (EE I-O) analyses.
- Perform analyses to determine how human behavior can affect, and be affected by, changes in the environment.
- Plan or conduct studies of the ecological implications of historic or projected changes in industrial processes or development.
- Plan or conduct field research on topics such as industrial production, industrial ecology, population ecology, and environmental production or sustainability.
- Prepare technical and research reports, such as environmental impact reports, and communicate the results to individuals in industry, government, or the general public.
- Promote use of environmental management systems (EMS) to reduce waste or to improve environmentally sound use of natural resources.
- Provide industrial managers with technical materials on environmental issues, regulatory guidelines, or compliance actions.
- Recommend methods to protect the environment or minimize environmental damage from industrial production practices.
- Research environmental effects of land and water use to determine methods of improving environmental conditions or increasing outputs, such as crop yields.
- Research sources of pollution to determine environmental impact or to develop methods of pollution abatement or control.
- Review industrial practices, such as the methods and materials used in construction or production, to identify potential liabilities and environmental hazards.
Detailed Work Activities
- Advise others about environmental management or conservation.
- Analyze environmental data.
- Apply knowledge or research findings to address environmental problems.
- Appraise environmental impact of regulations or policies.
- Communicate results of environmental research.
- Develop environmental sustainability plans or projects.
- Develop mathematical models of environmental conditions.
- Monitor environmental impacts of production or development activities.
- Plan environmental research.
- Prepare research or technical reports on environmental issues.
- Promote environmental sustainability or conservation initiatives.
- Research environmental impact of industrial or development activities.
- Research impacts of environmental conservation initiatives.
Learn more on the