32 matches for Environmental Service Systems
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||2 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||11 matches|
- Environmental Economists
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Environmental Economist
- Environmental Protection Economist
- Conduct economic analysis related to environmental protection and use of the natural environment, such as water, air, land, and renewable energy resources. Evaluate and quantify benefits, costs, incentives, and impacts of alternative options using economic principles and statistical techniques.
- Assess the costs and benefits of various activities, policies, or regulations that affect the environment or natural resource stocks.
- Collect and analyze data to compare the environmental implications of economic policy or practice alternatives.
- Conduct research on economic and environmental topics, such as alternative fuel use, public and private land use, soil conservation, air and water pollution control, and endangered species protection.
- Conduct research to study the relationships among environmental problems and patterns of economic production and consumption.
- Demonstrate or promote the economic benefits of sound environmental regulations.
- Develop environmental research project plans, including information on budgets, goals, deliverables, timelines, and resource requirements.
- Develop systems for collecting, analyzing, and interpreting environmental and economic data.
- Develop economic models, forecasts, or scenarios to predict future economic and environmental outcomes.
- Develop programs or policy recommendations to achieve environmental goals in cost-effective ways.
- Examine the exhaustibility of natural resources or the long-term costs of environmental rehabilitation.
- Identify and recommend environmentally friendly business practices.
- Interpret indicators to ascertain the overall health of an environment.
- Monitor or analyze market and environmental trends.
- Perform complex, dynamic, and integrated mathematical modeling of ecological, environmental, or economic systems.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to communicate economic and environmental study results, to present policy recommendations, or to raise awareness of environmental consequences.
- Teach courses in environmental economics.
- Write research proposals and grant applications to obtain private or public funding for environmental and economic studies.
Detailed Work Activities
- Advise others about environmental management or conservation.
- Appraise environmental impact of regulations or policies.
- Collect environmental data or samples.
- Communicate results of environmental research.
- Develop environmental research methods.
- Develop environmental sustainability plans or projects.
- Develop mathematical models of environmental conditions.
- Plan environmental research.
- Promote environmental sustainability or conservation initiatives.
- Research environmental impact of industrial or development activities.
- Research impacts of environmental conservation initiatives.
Learn more on the