17 matches for Human Service, Social Science and Education
|Alternate Occupation Titles||3 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||5 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Educational Diagnostician
- School Social Worker
- Special Services Director
- Investigate processes of learning and teaching and develop psychological principles and techniques applicable to educational problems.
- Serve as a resource to help families and schools deal with crises, such as separation and loss.
- Collaborate with other educational professionals to develop teaching strategies and school programs.
- Collect and analyze data to evaluate the effectiveness of academic programs and other services, such as behavioral management systems.
- Compile and interpret students' test results, along with information from teachers and parents, to diagnose conditions and to help assess eligibility for special services.
- Develop individualized educational plans in collaboration with teachers and other staff members.
- Maintain student records, including special education reports, confidential records, records of services provided, and behavioral data.
- Provide educational programs on topics such as classroom management, teaching strategies, or parenting skills.
- Refer students and their families to appropriate community agencies for medical, vocational, or social services.
Detailed Work Activities
- Advise others on educational matters.
- Conduct scientific research of organizational behavior or processes.
- Design psychological or educational treatment procedures or programs.
- Develop educational programs.
- Prepare scientific or technical reports or presentations.
Learn more on the