16 matches for Human Service, Social Science and Education
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Chief Psychologist/Director of Counseling and Self-Development
- Child and Adolescent Therapist
- Clinical Psychologist, Marriage and Family Therapist
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Counsel individuals and groups regarding problems, such as stress, substance abuse, or family situations, to modify behavior or to improve personal, social, or vocational adjustment.
- Interact with clients to assist them in gaining insight, defining goals, and planning action to achieve effective personal, social, educational, or vocational development and adjustment.
- Obtain and study medical, psychological, social, and family histories by interviewing individuals, couples, or families and by reviewing records.
- Plan and develop accredited psychological service programs in psychiatric centers or hospitals, in collaboration with psychiatrists and other professional staff.
- Provide occupational, educational, or other information to individuals so that they can make educational or vocational plans.
- Provide psychological or administrative services and advice to private firms or community agencies regarding mental health programs or individual cases.
- Refer clients to other specialists, institutions, or support services as necessary.
Detailed Work Activities
- Design psychological or educational treatment procedures or programs.
- Develop educational programs.
- Direct medical science or healthcare programs.
- Plan social sciences research.
- Prepare scientific or technical reports or presentations.
Learn more on the