22 matches for plant and soil science
|Alternate Occupation Titles||10 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||4 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Plant Control Aide
- Plant Technician
- Scientific Assistant
- Associate Scientist
- Biological Science Technician
- Biological Science Technician, Plants
- Faculty Research Assistant, Wheat Breeding and Genetics
- Food Science Technician
- Research Scientist
- Weed Science Research Technician
- Set up or maintain laboratory equipment and collect samples from crops or animals. Prepare specimens or record data to assist scientists in biology or related life science experiments.
- Assess comparative soil erosion from various planting or tillage systems, such as conservation tillage with mulch or ridge till systems, no-till systems, or conventional tillage systems with or without moldboard plows.
- Conduct insect or plant disease surveys.
- Determine the germination rates of seeds planted in specified areas.
- Devise cultural methods or environmental controls for plants for which guidelines are sketchy or nonexistent.
- Perform general nursery duties, such as propagating standard varieties of plant materials, collecting and germinating seeds, maintaining cuttings of plants, or controlling environmental conditions.
- Record environmental data from field samples of soil, air, water, or pests to monitor the effectiveness of integrated pest management (IPM) practices.
- Transplant trees, vegetables, or horticultural plants.
Detailed Work Activities
- Care for plants or animals.
- Prepare scientific or technical reports or presentations.
- Supervise scientific or technical personnel.
- Train personnel in technical or scientific procedures.
Learn more on the