Healthcare Social Workers
52 matches for Human Service, Social Science and Education
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||39 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||5 matches|
- Healthcare Social Workers
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Social Work Case Manager
- Social Worker
- AIDS Social Worker
- Certified Social Workers In Health Care
- Clinical Social Worker
- Dialysis Social Worker
- Director of Social Services
- Director of Social Work
- Director of Behavior Sciences
- Geriatric Social Worker
- Group Social Worker
- Health Care Social Worker
- Healthcare Social Worker
- Home Based Primary Care Social Worker
- Home Health Care Social Worker
- Hospice Social Worker
- Hospice Clinical Social Worker
- Hospice Home Care Social Worker
- Hospital Social Worker
- Lead Social Worker
- Licensed Social Worker
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Long Term Care Social Worker
- Medical Social Consultant
- Medical Social Worker
- Medical Psychiatric Social Worker
- Neonatal Social Worker
- Nephrology Social Worker
- Nursing Home Social Worker
- Older Adult Social Work Specialist
- Oncology Social Work
- Oncology Social Worker
- Outreach and Education Social Worker
- Palliative Care/Hospice Social Worker
- Pediatric Social Worker
- Perinatal Social Worker
- Psychiatric Social Worker
- Public Health Social Worker
- Renal Social Worker
- Provide individuals, families, and groups with the psychosocial support needed to cope with chronic, acute, or terminal illnesses. Services include advising family care givers, providing patient education and counseling, and making referrals for other services. May also provide care and case management or interventions designed to promote health, prevent disease, and address barriers to access to healthcare.
- Conduct social research to advance knowledge in the social work field.
- Develop or advise on social policy and assist in community development.
- Plan and conduct programs to combat social problems, prevent substance abuse, or improve community health and counseling services.
- Refer patient, client, or family to community resources to assist in recovery from mental or physical illness and to provide access to services such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing, job placement or education.
- Supervise and direct other workers providing services to clients or patients.
- Utilize consultation data and social work experience to plan and coordinate client or patient care and rehabilitation, following through to ensure service efficacy.
Detailed Work Activities
- Advise others on social or educational issues.
- Conduct research on social issues.
- Refer clients to community or social service programs.
- Refer individuals to educational or work programs.
- Supervise workers providing client or patient services.
Learn more on the
Healthcare Social Workers