68 matches for Human Service, Social Science and Education
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||45 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||10 matches|
- Health Educators
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus Prevention Specialist
- Human Resources Specialist
- Education Coordinator
- Social Worker
- Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Prevention Supervisor
- Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drug Prevention Specialist
- Breastfeeding Educator
- Certified Breastfeeding Educator (CBE)
- Certified Diabetes Educator
- Certified Health Education Specialist
- Certified Lactation Educator
- Clinical Educator
- Clinical Nurse Educator
- Community Services Representative
- Community Educator
- Community Health Education Coordinator
- Community Health Education Program Manager
- Community Health Educator
- Comprehensive Risk Counseling Services Counselor
- Diabetes Education Coordinator
- Diabetes Educator
- Family Services Consultant
- Family Health Education Program Manager
- Food and Nutrition Director
- Food and Nutrition Professor
- Health and Wellness Vice President
- Health Education Assistant
- Health Education Consultant
- Health Education Coordinator
- Health Education Director
- Health Education Program Manager
- Health Education Specialist
- Health Educator
- Healthcare Educator
- Nurse Educator
- Patient Education Consultant
- Patient Educator
- Prevention Health Educator
- Program Services Manager
- Public Health Educator
- Staff Development Educator
- Tobacco Educator
- Tobacco Prevention and Cessation Coalition Coordinator
- Tobacco Prevention Health Educator
- Provide and manage health education programs that help individuals, families, and their communities maximize and maintain healthy lifestyles. Collect and analyze data to identify community needs prior to planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating programs designed to encourage healthy lifestyles, policies, and environments. May serve as a resource to assist individuals, other healthcare workers, or the community, and may administer fiscal resources for health education programs.
- Collaborate with health specialists and civic groups to determine community health needs and the availability of services and to develop goals for meeting needs.
- Design and administer training programs for new employees and continuing education for existing employees.
- Design and conduct evaluations and diagnostic studies to assess the quality and performance of health education programs.
- Develop and maintain health education libraries to provide resources for staff and community agencies.
- Develop and present health education and promotion programs, such as training workshops, conferences, and school or community presentations.
- Develop educational materials and programs for community agencies, local government, and state government.
- Develop operational plans and policies necessary to achieve health education objectives and services.
- Develop, prepare, and coordinate grant applications and grant-related activities to obtain funding for health education programs and related work.
- Maintain databases, mailing lists, telephone networks, and other information to facilitate the functioning of health education programs.
- Prepare and distribute health education materials, such as reports, bulletins, and visual aids, to address smoking, vaccines, and other public health concerns.
- Provide guidance to agencies and organizations on assessment of health education needs and on development and delivery of health education programs.
Detailed Work Activities
- Advise others on social or educational issues.
- Assess individual or community needs for educational or social services.
- Develop educational policies.
- Develop educational programs.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counseling or educational programs.
- Maintain social services program records.
- Present social services program information to the public.
- Provide educational materials to community members.
- Supervise workers providing client or patient services.
- Train staff members in social services skills.
Learn more on the