38 matches for Human Service, Social Science and Education
|Alternate Occupation Titles||28 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||4 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Education Liaison Librarian
- Access Services Librarian
- Adult Services Librarian
- Business and Economics Librarian
- Chemistry and Chemical Engineering Librarian
- Children's Services Librarian
- Civil and Environmental Engineering Librarian
- Document Services Librarian
- Extension Services Librarian
- Government Information Services Head
- Information Scientist
- Information Services Head
- Information Services Librarian
- Interlibrary Loan Services Librarian
- Library Services Coordinator
- Library Services Supervisor
- Outreach and Delivery Services Head
- Public Services Librarian
- Reference Services Head
- Reference and Instruction Librarian
- Reference and Online Services Coordinator
- Research Education Librarian
- Systems and Technical Services Librarian
- Technical Services Cataloger
- Technical Services Librarian
- Teen Services Librarian
- Visual Education Director
- Youth Services Librarian
- Administer libraries and perform related library services. Work in a variety of settings, including public libraries, educational institutions, museums, corporations, government agencies, law firms, non-profit organizations, and healthcare providers. Tasks may include selecting, acquiring, cataloguing, classifying, circulating, and maintaining library materials; and furnishing reference, bibliographical, and readers' advisory services. May perform in-depth, strategic research, and synthesize, analyze, edit, and filter information. May set up or work with databases and information systems to catalogue and access information.
- Confer with colleagues, faculty, and community members and organizations to conduct informational programs, make collection decisions, and determine library services to offer.
- Engage in professional development activities, such as taking continuing education classes and attending or participating in conferences, workshops, professional meetings, and associations.
- Explain use of library facilities, resources, equipment, and services and provide information about library policies.
- Negotiate contracts for library services, materials, and equipment.
- Plan and deliver client-centered programs and services, such as special services for corporate clients, storytelling for children, newsletters, or programs for special groups.
Detailed Work Activities
- Serve on institutional or departmental committees.
- Advise educators on curricula, instructional methods, or policies.
- Promote educational institutions or programs.
- Select educational materials or equipment.
Learn more on the