Physical Therapist Aides
31 matches for general physical activity
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||19 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||5 matches|
- Physical Therapist Aides
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Physical Therapist Aide (PTA)
- Physical Therapist Aide/Massage Therapist
- Physical Therapist Aide/Technician
- Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
- Physical Therapist Technician (Physical Therapy Tech)
- Physical Therapy Aide (PTA)
- Physical Therapy Aide, Assistant Office Manager (PTA, Assistant Office Manager)
- Physical Therapy Aide/Administrative Assistant
- Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA)
- Physical Therapy Attendant
- Physical Therapy Technician
- Physical Therapy Transport Aide
- Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy Aide (PT, OT, ST Aide)
- Physical, Occupational Therapy Aide
- Clinic Coordinator and Staff Physical Therapist Aide (Clinic Coordinator and Staff PTA)
- Head Physical Therapy Aide, Aide Supervisor
- Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant (LPTA)
- Massage Therapist/Physical Therapy Tech
- Wheelchair Repair Technician, Physical Therapist Aide (Wheelchair Repair Tech, Phy Ther Aide)
- Under close supervision of a physical therapist or physical therapy assistant, perform only delegated, selected, or routine tasks in specific situations. These duties include preparing the patient and the treatment area.
- Administer active or passive manual therapeutic exercises, therapeutic massage, or heat, light, sound, water, or electrical modality treatments, such as ultrasound.
- Confer with physical therapy staff or others to discuss and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, or coordinating treatment.
- Instruct, motivate, safeguard, or assist patients practicing exercises or functional activities, under direction of medical staff.
- Observe patients during treatment to compile and evaluate data on patients' responses and progress and report to physical therapist.
- Schedule patient appointments with physical therapists and coordinate therapists' schedules.
Detailed Work Activities
- Administer therapy treatments to patients using hands or physical treatment aids.
- Assess physical conditions of patients to aid in diagnosis or treatment.
- Assist patients with daily activities.
- Encourage patients during therapeutic activities.
- Engage patients in exercises or activities.
Learn more on the
Physical Therapist Aides