30 matches for car rental managers
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||13 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||2 matches|
- Carpet Installers
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Carpet Floor Layer Apprentice
- Carpet Installation Specialist
- Carpet Installer
- Carpet Installer Helper
- Carpet Jack
- Carpet Journeyman
- Carpet Layer
- Carpet Mechanic
- Carpet Technician
- Carpet Tile Layer
- Commercial Carpet Installer
- Residential Carpet Installer
- Wall-to-Wall Carpet Installer
- Lay and install carpet from rolls or blocks on floors. Install padding and trim flooring materials.
- Clean up before and after installation, including vacuuming carpet and discarding remnant pieces.
- Cut carpet padding to size and install padding, following prescribed method.
- Cut and trim carpet to fit along wall edges, openings, and projections, finishing the edges with a wall trimmer.
- Fasten metal treads across door openings or where carpet meets flooring to hold carpet in place.
- Inspect the surface to be covered to determine its condition, and correct any imperfections that might show through carpet or cause carpet to wear unevenly.
- Install carpet on some floors using adhesive, following prescribed method.
- Join edges of carpet and seam edges where necessary, by sewing or by using tape with glue and heated carpet iron.
- Move furniture from area to be carpeted and remove old carpet and padding.
- Nail tack strips around area to be carpeted or use old strips to attach edges of new carpet.
- Plan the layout of the carpet, allowing for expected traffic patterns and placing seams for best appearance and longest wear.
- Roll out, measure, mark, and cut carpeting to size with a carpet knife, following floor sketches and allowing extra carpet for final fitting.
- Stretch carpet to align with walls and ensure a smooth surface, and press carpet in place over tack strips or use staples, tape, tacks or glue to hold carpet in place.
- Take measurements and study floor sketches to calculate the area to be carpeted and the amount of material needed.
Detailed Work Activities
- Cut carpet, vinyl or other flexible materials.
- Install carpet or flooring.
Learn more on the