Related occupations for task:
Repair, maintain, and replace parts on dies.
||Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Perform minor machine maintenance, such as oiling or cleaning machines, dies, or workpieces, or adding coolant to machine reservoirs.
- Change worn machine accessories, such as cutting tools or brushes, using hand tools.
- Make minor electrical and mechanical repairs and adjustments to machines and notify supervisors when major service is required.
||Power Plant Operators
- Clean, lubricate, or maintain equipment, such as generators, turbines, pumps, or compressors, to prevent failure or deterioration.
- Make adjustments or minor repairs, such as tightening leaking gland or pipe joints.
- Replenish electrolytes in batteries and oil in voltage transformers, and reset tripped electric relays.
||Prepress Technicians and Workers
- Operate and maintain laser plate-making equipment that converts electronic data to plates without the use of film.
- Maintain, adjust, and clean equipment, and perform minor repairs.
- Operate and maintain a variety of cameras and equipment, such as process, line, halftone, and color separation cameras, enlargers, electronic scanners, and contact equipment.
||Computer-Controlled Machine Tool Operators, Metal and Plastic
- Remove and replace dull cutting tools.
- Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machines malfunction.
- Maintain machines and remove and replace broken or worn machine tools, using hand tools.
||Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Clean and maintain equipment, using water hoses and scrapers.
- Replace worn parts and adjust equipment components, using hand tools.
- Perform equipment maintenance, such as cleaning tanks and lubricating moving parts of conveyors.
See more related occupations >>