||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Remove parts, such as dies, from machines after production runs are finished.
- Install dies onto machines or presses and coat dies with parting agents, according to work order specifications.
- Obtain and move specified patterns to work stations, manually or using hoists, and secure patterns to machines, using wrenches.
- Select and install blades, tools, or other attachments for each operation.
||Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Select and install machine components, such as dies, molds, and cutters, according to specifications, using hand tools and measuring devices.
- Remove molds, mold components, and feeder tubes from machinery after production is complete.
- Install, align, and adjust neck rings, press plungers, and feeder tubes.
||Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing
- Install and adjust blades, cutterheads, boring-bits, or sanding-belts, using hand tools and rules.
- Remove and replace worn parts, bits, belts, sandpaper, or shaping tools.
- Attach and adjust guides, stops, clamps, chucks, or feed mechanisms, using hand tools.
||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Install, align, and lock specified punches, dies, cutting blades, or other fixtures in rams or beds of machines, using gauges, templates, feelers, shims, and hand tools.
- Remove housings, feed tubes, tool holders, or other accessories to replace worn or broken parts, such as springs or bushings.
- Select, clean, and install spacers, rubber sleeves, or cutters on arbors.
||Lathe and Turning Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Position, secure, and align cutting tools in toolholders on machines, using hand tools, and verify their positions with measuring instruments.
- Install holding fixtures, cams, gears, and stops to control stock and tool movement, using hand tools, power tools, and measuring instruments.
- Mount attachments, such as relieving or tracing attachments, to perform operations, such as duplicating contours of templates or trimming workpieces.