Related occupations for task:
Trim and compress finished forgings to specified tolerances.
||Molding and Casting Workers
- Trim or remove excess material, using scrapers, knives, or band saws.
- Remove excess materials and level and smooth wet mold mixtures.
||Precious Metal Workers
- Trim gates and sharp points from cast parts, using band saws.
- Sand interior mold parts to remove glaze residue, apply new glaze to molds, and allow it to dry for mold assembly.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Cut outlines of impressions with gravers, and remove excess material with knives.
- Remove wax or tape from etched glassware by using a stylus or knife, or by immersing ware in hot water.
||Fiberglass Laminators and Fabricators
- Trim excess materials from molds, using hand shears or trimming knives.
- Trim cured materials by sawing them with diamond-impregnated cutoff wheels.
||Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters
- Trim, sand, or scrape surfaces or joints to prepare articles for finishing.
- Cut timber to the right size and shape and trim parts of joints to ensure a snug fit, using hand tools, such as planes, chisels, or wood files.
See more related occupations >>