Related occupations for task:
Direct and train other workers to change rolls, operate mill equipment, remove coils and cobbles, and band and load material.
||Nuclear Power Reactor Operators
- Direct reactor operators in emergency situations, in accordance with emergency operating procedures.
- Authorize maintenance activities on units or changes in equipment or system operational status.
- Supervise technicians' work activities to ensure that equipment is operated in accordance with policies and procedures that protect workers from radiation and ensure environmental safety.
- Authorize actions to correct identified operational inefficiencies or hazards so that operating efficiency is maximized and potential environmental issues are minimized.
- Direct the collection and testing of air, water, gas, or solid samples to determine radioactivity levels or to ensure appropriate radioactive containment.
- Direct measurement of the intensity or types of radiation in work areas, equipment, or materials.
- Identify or direct implementation of appropriate decontamination procedures, based on equipment and the size, nature, and type of contamination.
||First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods, such as inspectors, machine setters, or fabricators.
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, or assign employee training to experienced workers.
||Laundry and Dry-Cleaning Workers
- Load articles into washers or dry-cleaning machines, or direct other workers to perform loading.
- Operate extractors and driers, or direct their operation.
- Remove items from washers or dry-cleaning machines, or direct other workers to do so.
||Chemical Plant and System Operators
- Direct workers engaged in operating machinery that regulates the flow of materials and products.
- Supervise the cleaning of towers, strainers, or spray tips.
||Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Implement appropriate industrial emergency response procedures.
- Direct activities of workers assisting in control or verification of processes or in unloading of materials.
See more related occupations >>