Related occupations for task:
Examine completed workpieces for defects, such as chipped edges or marred surfaces and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws.
||Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders
- Sort, grade, weigh, and inspect products, verifying and adjusting product weight or measurement to meet specifications.
- Stock and sort product for packaging or filling machine operation, and replenish packaging supplies, such as wrapping paper, plastic sheet, boxes, cartons, glue, ink, or labels.
||Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Measure and examine extruded products to locate defects and to check for conformance to specifications, adjusting controls as necessary to alter products.
- Test physical properties of products with testing devices such as acid-bath testers, burst testers, and impact testers.
||Tool and Die Makers
- Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects.
- Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications, making adjustments as necessary.
||Rolling Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Examine, inspect, and measure raw materials and finished products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Disassemble sizing mills removed from rolling lines, and sort and store parts.
||Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Examine parts to ensure metal shades and colors conform to specifications, using knowledge of metal heat-treating.
- Test parts for hardness, using hardness testing equipment, or by examining and feeling samples.
See more related occupations >>