||Welders, Cutters, and Welder Fitters
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
- Examine workpieces for defects and measure workpieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Check grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometers, calipers, and precision measuring instruments.
||Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters
- Verify conformance of workpieces to specifications, using squares, rulers, and measuring tapes.
- Lay out and examine metal stock or workpieces to be processed to ensure that specifications are met.
||Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Examine, measure, and weigh materials or products to verify conformance to standards, using measuring devices such as templates, micrometers, or scales.
- Measure arbors and dies to verify sizes specified on work tickets.
||Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Inspect, measure, or test completed metal workpieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using measuring and testing devices.
- Lay out, fit, or connect parts to be bonded, calculating production measurements, as necessary.
||Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Examine completed objects to determine thicknesses of metal deposits, or measure thicknesses by using instruments such as micrometers.
- Monitor and measure thicknesses of electroplating on component parts to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers.