Related occupations for task:
Repair or replace machine parts, using hand tools, or notify engineering personnel when corrective action is required.
||Chemical Plant and System Operators
- Notify maintenance, stationary engineering, or other auxiliary personnel to correct equipment malfunctions or to adjust power, steam, water, or air supplies.
- Repair or replace damaged equipment.
- Defrost frozen valves, using steam hoses.
||Computer Numerically Controlled Tool Operators
- Remove and replace dull cutting tools.
- Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machines malfunction.
- Maintain machines and remove and replace broken or worn machine tools, using hand tools.
||Power Plant Operators
- Make adjustments or minor repairs, such as tightening leaking gland or pipe joints.
- Receive outage calls and request necessary personnel during power outages or emergencies.
- Repair or replace gas piping.
||Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
- Notify supervisors or other personnel of production problems.
- Clean, maintain, calibrate, or repair measuring instruments or test equipment, such as dial indicators, fixed gauges, or height gauges.
- Adjust, clean, or repair products or processing equipment to correct defects found during inspections.
||Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators
- Perform or arrange for repairs, such as complete overhauls, replacement of defective valves, gaskets, or bearings, or fabrication of new parts.
- Provide assistance to plumbers in repairing or replacing water, sewer, or waste lines, and in daily maintenance activities.
See more related occupations >>