Related occupations for task:
Install dies onto machines or presses and coat dies with parting agents, according to work order specifications.
||Painters, Transportation Equipment
- Spray prepared surfaces with specified amounts of primers and decorative or finish coatings.
- Apply rust-resistant undercoats and caulk and seal seams.
- Sand and apply sealer to properly dried vehicle finish.
- Apply primer over any repairs made to vehicle surfaces.
- Allow the sprayed product to dry and touch up any missed spots.
- Use brush to hand-paint areas in need of retouching or unreachable with a spray gun.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Prepare workpieces for etching or engraving by cutting, sanding, cleaning, polishing, or treating them with wax, acid resist, lime, etching powder, or light-sensitive enamel.
- Expose workpieces to acid to develop etch patterns such as designs, lettering, or figures.
- Start machines and lower cutting tools to beginning points on patterns.
- Insert cutting tools or bits into machines and secure them with wrenches.
- Brush or wipe acid over engraving to darken or highlight inscriptions.
- Brush, spray, or hand-rub finishing ingredients, such as paint, oil, stain, or wax, onto and into wood grain and apply lacquer or other sealers.
- Stencil, gild, emboss, mark, or paint designs or borders to reproduce the original appearance of restored pieces, or to decorate new pieces.
- Paint metal surfaces electrostatically, or by using a spray gun or other painting equipment.
- Spread graining ink over metal portions of furniture to simulate wood-grain finish.
- Brush bleaching agents on wood surfaces to restore natural color.
- Position rollers that turn ply edges under and over beads, or use steel rods to turn ply edges.
- Position ply stitcher rollers and drums according to width of stock, using hand tools and gauges.
- Clean and paint completed tires.
||Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Hold or position spray guns to direct spray onto articles.
- Attach and align machine parts such as rollers, guides, brushes, and blades, using hand tools.
- Paint small items and perform touch-up painting, using paint brushes.
See more related occupations >>