Related occupations for task:
Smooth and clean inner surfaces of molds, using brushes, scrapers, air hoses, or grinding wheels, and fill imperfections with refractory material.
||Painters, Transportation Equipment
- Disassemble, clean, and reassemble sprayers or power equipment, using solvents, wire brushes, and cloths.
- Fill small dents or scratches with body fillers and smooth surfaces to prepare vehicles for painting.
- Sand vehicle surfaces between coats of paint or primer to remove flaws and enhance adhesion for subsequent coats.
- Clean equipment and work areas.
||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Clean and maintain extruding and forming machines, using hand tools.
- Remove polymer deposits from spinnerettes and equipment, using silicone spray, brass chisels, and bronze-wool pads.
- Remove excess, entangled, or completed filaments from machines, using hand tools.
- Wipe finish rollers with cloths and wash finish trays with water when necessary.
||Grinding and Polishing Workers, Hand
- Grind, sand, clean, or polish objects or parts to correct defects or to prepare surfaces for further finishing, using hand tools and power tools.
- Fill cracks or imperfections in marble with wax that matches the stone color.
- Clean brass particles from files by drawing file cards through file grooves.
||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Clean and lubricate machines.
- Grind out burrs or sharp edges, using portable grinders, speed lathes, or polishing jacks.
- Select, clean, and install spacers, rubber sleeves, or cutters on arbors.
||Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Add treating or neutralizing agents to products, and pump products through filters or centrifuges to remove impurities or to precipitate products.
- Drain equipment, and pump water or other solutions through to flush and clean tanks or equipment.
- Flush or clean equipment, using steam hoses or mechanical reamers.
See more related occupations >>