||Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Hold or position spray guns to direct spray onto articles.
- Transfer completed items or products from machines to drying or storage areas, using handcarts, handtrucks, or cranes.
- Attach and align machine parts such as rollers, guides, brushes, and blades, using hand tools.
||Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Move materials, supplies, components, and finished products between storage and work areas, using work aids such as racks, hoists, and handtrucks.
- Select and install machine components, such as dies, molds, and cutters, according to specifications, using hand tools and measuring devices.
- Install, align, and adjust neck rings, press plungers, and feeder tubes.
||Cutting and Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Move stock or scrap to and from machines manually, or by using carts, handtrucks, or lift trucks.
- Select and install machine components, such as cutting blades, rollers, and templates, according to specifications, using hand tools.
- Change or replace saw blades, cables, cutter heads, and grinding wheels, using hand tools.
||Lathe and Turning Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Position, secure, and align cutting tools in toolholders on machines, using hand tools, and verify their positions with measuring instruments.
- Install holding fixtures, cams, gears, and stops to control stock and tool movement, using hand tools, power tools, and measuring instruments.
- Mount attachments, such as relieving or tracing attachments, to perform operations, such as duplicating contours of templates or trimming workpieces.
||Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing
- Install and adjust blades, cutterheads, boring-bits, or sanding-belts, using hand tools and rules.
- Attach and adjust guides, stops, clamps, chucks, or feed mechanisms, using hand tools.