||Lathe and Turning Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Position, secure, and align cutting tools in toolholders on machines, using hand tools, and verify their positions with measuring instruments.
- Select cutting tools and tooling instructions, according to written specifications or knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics.
- Install holding fixtures, cams, gears, and stops to control stock and tool movement, using hand tools, power tools, and measuring instruments.
- Mount attachments, such as relieving or tracing attachments, to perform operations, such as duplicating contours of templates or trimming workpieces.
||Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Determine setup procedures and select machine dies and parts, according to specifications.
- Install dies, machine screws, and sizing rings on machines that extrude thermoplastic or metal materials.
- Change dies on extruding machines, according to production line changes.
- Select nozzles, spacers, and wire guides, according to diameters and lengths of rods.
||Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing
- Install and adjust blades, cutterheads, boring-bits, or sanding-belts, using hand tools and rules.
- Select knives, saws, blades, cutter heads, cams, bits, or belts, according to workpiece, machine functions, or product specifications.
- Attach and adjust guides, stops, clamps, chucks, or feed mechanisms, using hand tools.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Install dies onto machines or presses and coat dies with parting agents, according to work order specifications.
- Obtain and move specified patterns to work stations, manually or using hoists, and secure patterns to machines, using wrenches.
- Select and install blades, tools, or other attachments for each operation.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Start machines and lower cutting tools to beginning points on patterns.
- Insert cutting tools or bits into machines and secure them with wrenches.
- Select and insert required templates into pattern frames beneath the stylus of a machine cutting tool or router.