Related occupations for task:
Observe gauges to ensure that machines are operating properly, making adjustments or stopping machines when problems occur.
||Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Start and stop operation of machines, using levers or buttons.
- Turn dials, handwheels, valves, or switches to regulate conveyor speeds, machine temperature, air pressure and circulation, and the flow or spray of coatings or paints.
- Observe machine gauges and equipment operation to detect defects or deviations from standards, and make adjustments as necessary.
- Set up and operate machines to paint or coat products with such materials as silver and copper solution, rubber, paint, glaze, oil, or rustproofing materials.
- Operate auxiliary machines or equipment used in coating or painting processes.
||Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers
- Monitor process indicators, instruments, gauges, and meters to detect and report any possible problems.
- Read automatic gauges at specified intervals to determine the flow rate of oil into or from tanks, and the amount of oil in tanks.
||Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators
- Observe and interpret readings on gauges, meters, and charts registering various aspects of boiler operation to ensure that boilers are operating properly.
- Check the air quality of ventilation systems and make adjustments to ensure compliance with mandated safety codes.
||Nuclear Power Reactor Operators
- Monitor all systems for normal running conditions, performing activities such as checking gauges to assess output or the effects of generator loading on other equipment.
- Monitor or operate boilers, turbines, wells, or auxiliary power plant equipment.
||Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
- Read dials or meters to verify that equipment is functioning at specified levels.
- Monitor machines that automatically measure, sort, or inspect products.
See more related occupations >>