Related occupations for task:
Plate small objects, such as nuts or bolts, using motor-driven barrels.
- Brush, spray, or hand-rub finishing ingredients, such as paint, oil, stain, or wax, onto and into wood grain and apply lacquer or other sealers.
- Stencil, gild, emboss, mark, or paint designs or borders to reproduce the original appearance of restored pieces, or to decorate new pieces.
- Paint metal surfaces electrostatically, or by using a spray gun or other painting equipment.
- Spread graining ink over metal portions of furniture to simulate wood-grain finish.
- Brush bleaching agents on wood surfaces to restore natural color.
||Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Apply primer over any repairs made to surfaces.
- Apply rust-resistant undercoats and caulk and seal seams.
- Sand and apply sealer to properly dried finish.
- Spray prepared surfaces with specified amounts of primers and decorative or finish coatings.
- Use brush to hand-paint areas in need of retouching or unreachable with a spray gun.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Prepare workpieces for etching or engraving by cutting, sanding, cleaning, polishing, or treating them with wax, acid resist, lime, etching powder, or light-sensitive enamel.
- Expose workpieces to acid to develop etch patterns such as designs, lettering, or figures.
- Brush or wipe acid over engraving to darken or highlight inscriptions.
- Apply glazes, icings, or other toppings to baked goods, using spatulas or brushes.
- Decorate baked goods, such as cakes or pastries.
||Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters
- Dip, brush, or spray assembled articles with protective or decorative finishes, such as stain, varnish, paint, or lacquer.
- Apply Masonite, formica, or vinyl surfacing materials.
See more related occupations >>