Related occupations for task:
Monitor and inspect equipment, computer terminals, switches, valves, gauges, alarms, safety devices, and meters to detect leaks or malfunctions and to ensure that equipment is operating efficiently and safely.
||Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers
- Verify that incoming and outgoing products are moving through the correct meters, and that meters are working properly.
- Inspect pipelines, tightening connections and lubricating valves as necessary.
||Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders
- Inspect furnaces and equipment to locate defects and wear.
- Observe operations inside furnaces, using television screens, to ensure that problems do not occur.
||Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Patrol work areas to detect leaks or equipment malfunctions or to monitor operating conditions.
- Inspect equipment or units to detect leaks or malfunctions, shutting equipment down, if necessary.
||Textile Winding, Twisting, and Drawing Out Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Inspect machinery to determine whether repairs are needed.
- Observe operations to detect defects, malfunctions, or supply shortages.
- Observe and listen to equipment to detect possible malfunctions, such as leaks or plugging, and report malfunctions or undesirable tastes to supervisors.
- Inspect vats after cleaning to ensure that fermentable residue has been removed.
See more related occupations >>