Related Occupations for Task
53-2012.00 - Commercial Pilots
Related occupations for task:
Check aircraft prior to flights to ensure that the engines, controls, instruments, and other systems are functioning properly.
- Inspect work of aircraft mechanics performing maintenance, modification, or repair and overhaul of aircraft and aircraft mechanical systems to ensure adherence to standards and procedures.
- Examine aircraft access plates and doors for security.
- Examine landing gear, tires, and exteriors of fuselage, wings, and engines for evidence of damage or corrosion and the need for repairs.
- Inspect new, repaired, or modified aircraft to identify damage or defects and to assess airworthiness and conformance to standards, using checklists, hand tools, and test instruments.
- Start aircraft and observe gauges, meters, and other instruments to detect evidence of malfunctions.
- Verify that first aid kits and other emergency equipment, including fire extinguishers and oxygen bottles, are in working order.
||Airline Pilots, Copilots, and Flight Engineers
- Inspect aircraft for defects and malfunctions, according to pre-flight checklists.