Related Occupations for Task
27-2012.04 - Talent Directors
Related occupations for task:
Read scripts and confer with producers to determine the types and numbers of performers required for a given production.
||Set and Exhibit Designers
- Read scripts to determine location, set, and design requirements.
- Collaborate with those in charge of lighting and sound so that those production aspects can be coordinated with set designs or exhibit layouts.
- Confer with conservators to determine how to handle an exhibit's environmental aspects, such as lighting, temperature, and humidity, so that objects will be protected and exhibits will be enhanced.
- Study and rehearse roles from scripts to interpret, learn and memorize lines, stunts, and cues as directed.
- Learn about characters in scripts and their relationships to each other to develop role interpretations.
- Work with other crew members responsible for lighting, costumes, make-up, and props.
||Film and Video Editors
- Study scripts to become familiar with production concepts and requirements.
- Discuss the sound requirements of pictures with sound effects editors.
- Confer with producers and directors concerning layout or editing approaches needed to increase dramatic or entertainment value of productions.
||Music Directors and Composers
- Confer with producers and directors to define the nature and placement of film or television music.
- Study films or scripts to determine how musical scores can be used to create desired effects or moods.
||Producers and Directors
- Study and research scripts to determine how they should be directed.
- Confer with technical directors, managers, crew members, and writers to discuss details of production, such as photography, script, music, sets, and costumes.
See all 12 related occupations >>