Related occupations for task:
Conduct audits at hazardous waste sites or industrial sites or participate in hazardous waste site investigations.
||Occupational Health and Safety Specialists
- Investigate health-related complaints and inspect facilities to ensure that they comply with public health legislation and regulations.
- Collect samples of hazardous materials or arrange for sample collection.
- Maintain inventories of hazardous materials or hazardous wastes, using waste tracking systems to ensure that materials are handled properly.
- Conduct audits at hazardous waste sites or industrial sites or participate in hazardous waste site investigations.
||Occupational Health and Safety Technicians
- Test workplaces for environmental hazards, such as exposure to radiation, chemical or biological hazards, or excessive noise.
- Test or balance newly installed HVAC systems to determine whether indoor air quality standards are met.
- Perform tests to identify any potential hazards related to recycled products used at green building sites.
- Examine practices at green building sites to determine whether adherence to green building standards alters risks to workers.
||Nuclear Medicine Technologists
- Dispose of radioactive materials and store radiopharmaceuticals, following radiation safety procedures.
||Health and Safety Engineers, Except Mining Safety Engineers and Inspectors
- Conduct or direct testing of air quality, noise, temperature, or radiation levels to verify compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Monitor handling of radioactive materials to ensure that established procedures are followed.