Related occupations for task:
Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, or compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, or rakes.
- Prepare base for installation by removing unstable or unsuitable materials, compacting and grading the soil, draining or stabilizing weak or saturated soils and taking measures to prevent water penetration and migration of bedding sand.
- Sweep sand into the joints and compact pavement until the joints are full.
- Screed sand level to an even thickness, and recheck sand exposed to elements, raking and rescreeding if necessary.
- Compact bedding sand and pavers to finish the paved area, using a plate compactor.
- Grade or level trench bases, using tamping machines or hand tools.
- Dig trenches to desired or required depths, by hand or using trenching tools.
||Roustabouts, Oil and Gas
- Dig drainage ditches around wells and storage tanks.
- Dig holes, set forms, and mix and pour concrete into forms to make foundations for wood or steel derricks.
||Telecommunications Line Installers and Repairers
- Dig trenches for underground wires or cables.
- Dig holes for power poles, using power augers or shovels, set poles in place with cranes, and hoist poles upright, using winches.
||Septic Tank Servicers and Sewer Pipe Cleaners
- Dig out sewer lines manually, using shovels.
- Cover repaired pipes with dirt, and pack backfilled excavations, using air and gasoline tampers.
See more related occupations >>