Related Occupations for Task
47-2151.00 - Pipelayers
Related occupations for task:
Grade or level trench bases, using tamping machines or hand tools.
- Prepare base for installation by removing unstable or unsuitable materials, compacting and grading the soil, draining or stabilizing weak or saturated soils and taking measures to prevent water penetration and migration of bedding sand.
- Sweep sand into the joints and compact pavement until the joints are full.
- Screed sand level to an even thickness, and recheck sand exposed to elements, raking and rescreeding if necessary.
- Compact bedding sand and pavers to finish the paved area, using a plate compactor.
||Rail-Track Laying and Maintenance Equipment Operators
- Clean, grade, or level ballast on railroad tracks.
- Drive graders, tamping machines, brooms, or ballast spreading machines to redistribute gravel or ballast between rails.
||Cement Masons and Concrete Finishers
- Operate power vibrator to compact concrete.
- Secure stakes to grids for constructions of footings, nail scabs to footing forms, and vibrate and float concrete.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, or compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, or rakes.
See all 9 related occupations >>