Related occupations for task:
Lift workpieces onto work tables either manually or with hoists or direct crane operators to lift and position workpieces.
- Lift raw materials, finished products, and packed items, manually or using hoists.
- Unclamp and hoist full reels from braiding, winding, or other fabricating machines, using power hoists.
- Signal coworkers to direct them to move products during the production process.
- Attach slings, ropes, or cables to objects such as pipes, hoses, or bundles.
||Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Start conveyors and open furnace doors to load stock, or signal crane operators to uncover soaking pits and lower ingots into them.
- Place completed workpieces on conveyors, using cold rods, tongs, or chain hoists, or signal crane operators to transport them to subsequent stations.
- Signal forklift operators to deposit or extract containers of parts into and from furnaces and quenching rinse tanks.
||Pourers and Casters, Metal
- Collect samples, or signal workers to sample metal for analysis.
- Position equipment such as ladles, grinding wheels, pouring nozzles, or crucibles, or signal other workers to position equipment.
||Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
- Notify or signal other workers to operate equipment or when processing is complete.
- Pour, dump, or load prescribed quantities of ingredients or products into cooking equipment, manually or using a hoist.
||Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters
- Move parts into position, manually or with hoists or cranes.
- Lift or move materials and finished products, using large cranes.
See more related occupations >>