||Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Start conveyors and open furnace doors to load stock, or signal crane operators to uncover soaking pits and lower ingots into them.
- Place completed workpieces on conveyors, using cold rods, tongs, or chain hoists, or signal crane operators to transport them to subsequent stations.
- Signal forklift operators to deposit or extract containers of parts into and from furnaces and quenching rinse tanks.
- Mount fixtures and industrial coils on machines, using hand tools.
||Lathe and Turning Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Position, secure, and align cutting tools in toolholders on machines, using hand tools, and verify their positions with measuring instruments.
- Install holding fixtures, cams, gears, and stops to control stock and tool movement, using hand tools, power tools, and measuring instruments.
- Mount attachments, such as relieving or tracing attachments, to perform operations, such as duplicating contours of templates or trimming workpieces.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Install dies onto machines or presses and coat dies with parting agents, according to work order specifications.
- Obtain and move specified patterns to work stations, manually or using hoists, and secure patterns to machines, using wrenches.
- Select and install blades, tools, or other attachments for each operation.
||Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing
- Install and adjust blades, cutterheads, boring-bits, or sanding-belts, using hand tools and rules.
- Attach and adjust guides, stops, clamps, chucks, or feed mechanisms, using hand tools.
||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Install, align, and lock specified punches, dies, cutting blades, or other fixtures in rams or beds of machines, using gauges, templates, feelers, shims, and hand tools.
- Select, clean, and install spacers, rubber sleeves, or cutters on arbors.