Related occupations for task:
Remove solidified steel or slag from pouring nozzles, using long bars or oxygen burners.
||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Remove excess, entangled, or completed filaments from machines, using hand tools.
- Remove polymer deposits from spinnerettes and equipment, using silicone spray, brass chisels, and bronze-wool pads.
- Clean and maintain extruding and forming machines, using hand tools.
- Wipe finish rollers with cloths and wash finish trays with water when necessary.
||Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Add treating or neutralizing agents to products and pump products through filters or centrifuges to remove impurities or to precipitate products.
- Drain equipment and pump water or other solutions through to flush and clean tanks or equipment.
- Flush or clean equipment, using steam hoses or mechanical reamers.
- Help production workers by performing duties of lesser skill, such as supplying or holding materials or tools, or cleaning work areas and equipment.
- Clean and lubricate equipment.
- Wash work areas, machines, equipment, vehicles, or products.
||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Clean and lubricate machines.
- Select, clean, and install spacers, rubber sleeves, or cutters on arbors.
||Cleaning, Washing, and Metal Pickling Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Drain, clean, and refill machines or tanks at designated intervals, using cleaning solutions or water.
- Adjust, clean, and lubricate mechanical parts of machines, using hand tools and grease guns.
See more related occupations >>