||Shoe and Leather Workers and Repairers
- Align and stitch or glue materials such as fabric, fleece, leather, or wood, to join parts.
- Dye, soak, polish, paint, stamp, stitch, stain, buff, or engrave leather or other materials to obtain desired effects, decorations, or shapes.
- Repair or replace soles, heels, and other parts of footwear, using sewing, buffing and other shoe repair machines, materials, and equipment.
- Repair and recondition leather products such as trunks, luggage, shoes, saddles, belts, purses, and baseball gloves.
- Stretch shoes, dampening parts and inserting and twisting parts, using an adjustable stretcher.
- Re-sew seams, and replace handles and linings of suitcases or handbags.
- Sew, join, reinforce, or finish parts of articles, such as garments, books, mattresses, toys, and wigs, using needles and thread or other materials.
- Use different sewing techniques such as felling, tacking, basting, embroidery, and fagoting.
- Sew buttonholes, or add lace or other trimming.
||Sewing Machine Operators
- Repair or alter items by adding replacement parts or missing stitches.
- Tape or twist together thread or cord to repair breaks.
- Sew rips or tears in material, or create tufting, using needles and thread.
- Operate sewing machines or sew upholstery by hand to seam cushions and join various sections of covering material.
||Print Binding and Finishing Workers
- Stitch or glue endpapers, bindings, backings, or signatures, using sewing machines, glue machines, or glue and brushes.
- Form book bodies by folding and sewing printed sheets to form signatures and assembling signatures in numerical order.