Related occupations for task:
Remove and replace worn parts, bits, belts, sandpaper, or shaping tools.
||Forging Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Install, adjust, and remove dies, synchronizing cams, forging hammers, and stop guides, using overhead cranes or other hoisting devices, and hand tools.
- Remove dies from machines when production runs are finished.
- Repair, maintain, and replace parts on dies.
||Computer-Controlled Machine Tool Operators, Metal and Plastic
- Remove and replace dull cutting tools.
- Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machines malfunction.
- Maintain machines and remove and replace broken or worn machine tools, using hand tools.
||Textile Winding, Twisting, and Drawing Out Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Remove spindles from machines and bobbins from spindles.
- Repair or replace worn or defective parts or components, using hand tools.
||Sewing Machine Operators
- Remove holding devices and finished items from machines.
- Perform equipment maintenance tasks such as replacing needles, sanding rough areas of needles, or cleaning and oiling sewing machines.
||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Remove housings, feed tubes, tool holders, or other accessories to replace worn or broken parts, such as springs or bushings.
- Replace defective blades or wheels, using hand tools.
See more related occupations >>