Related occupations for task:
Adjust controls to generate specified electrical power or to regulate the flow of power between generating stations and substations.
||Power Distributors and Dispatchers
- Respond to emergencies, such as transformer or transmission line failures, and route current around affected areas.
- Control, monitor, or operate equipment that regulates or distributes electricity or steam, using data obtained from instruments or computers.
- Distribute or regulate the flow of power between entities, such as generating stations, substations, distribution lines, or users, keeping track of the status of circuits or connections.
- Manipulate controls to adjust or activate power distribution equipment or machines.
- Tend auxiliary equipment used in the power distribution process.
||Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators
- Adjust controls and/or valves on equipment to provide power, and to regulate and set operations of system or industrial processes.
- Switch from automatic to manual controls and isolate equipment mechanically and electrically to allow for safe inspection and repair work.
||Nuclear Power Reactor Operators
- Adjust controls to position rod and to regulate flux level, reactor period, coolant temperature, or rate of power flow, following standard procedures.
||Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers
- Operate control panels to coordinate and regulate process variables such as temperature and pressure, and to direct product flow rate, according to process schedules.