- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment, such as oscilloscopes, ammeters, or test lamps.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Assemble, install, test, or maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools.
||Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay
- Inspect and test equipment and circuits to identify malfunctions or defects, using wiring diagrams and testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or ammeters.
- Run signal quality and connectivity tests for individual cables, and record results.
- Construct, test, maintain, and repair substation relay and control systems.
- Test and troubleshoot instruments, components, and assemblies, using circuit testers, oscilloscopes, or voltmeters.
- Set up and operate ground support and test equipment to perform functional flight tests of electrical and electronic systems.
||Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers
- Inspect or test wiring installations, assemblies, or circuits for resistance factors or for operation, and record results.
- Measure and adjust voltages to specified values to determine operational accuracy of instruments.
||Wind Turbine Service Technicians
- Test structures, controls, or mechanical, hydraulic, or electrical systems, according to test plans or in coordination with engineers.