||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Load materials into extruding and forming machines, using hand tools, and adjust feed mechanisms to set feed rates.
- Observe flow of finish across finish rollers, and turn valves to adjust flow to specifications.
- Press metering-pump buttons and turn valves to stop flow of polymers.
- Turn rheostats to obtain specified temperatures in electric furnaces where glass is melted.
||Pourers and Casters, Metal
- Pour and regulate the flow of molten metal into molds and forms to produce ingots or other castings, using ladles or hand-controlled mechanisms.
- Pull levers to lift ladle stoppers and to allow molten steel to flow into ingot molds to specified heights.
- Read temperature gauges and observe color changes, adjusting furnace flames, torches, or electrical heating units as necessary to melt metal to specifications.
||Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
- Set temperature, pressure, and time controls, and start conveyers, machines, or pumps.
- Observe gauges, dials, and product characteristics, and adjust controls to maintain appropriate temperature, pressure, and flow of ingredients.
- Turn valves or start pumps to add ingredients or drain products from equipment and to transfer products for storage, cooling, or further processing.
||Cooling and Freezing Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Read dials and gauges on panel control boards to ascertain temperatures, alkalinities, and densities of mixtures, and turn valves to obtain specified mixtures.
- Start machinery, such as pumps, feeders, or conveyors, and turn valves to heat, admit, or transfer products, refrigerants, or mixes.
- Weigh packages and adjust freezer air valves or switches on filler heads to obtain specified amounts of product in each container.
||Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Attach hoses or nozzles to machines, using wrenches and pliers, and make adjustments to obtain the proper dispersion of spray.
- Turn dials, handwheels, valves, or switches to regulate conveyor speeds, machine temperature, air pressure and circulation, and the flow or spray of coatings or paints.
- Adjust controls on infrared ovens, heat lamps, portable ventilators, or exhaust units to speed the drying of surfaces between coats.