||Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Examine completed objects to determine thicknesses of metal deposits, or measure thicknesses by using instruments such as micrometers.
- Measure or weigh materials, using rulers, calculators, and scales.
- Monitor and measure thicknesses of electroplating on component parts to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers.
- Inspect materials, components, or products for surface defects and measure circuitry, using electronic test equipment, precision measuring instruments, microscope, and standard procedures.
- Count, sort, and weigh processed items.
- Measure and weigh amounts of crystal growing materials, mix and grind materials, load materials into container, and monitor processing procedures to help identify crystal growing problems.
||Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Examine, measure, and weigh materials or products to verify conformance to standards, using measuring devices such as templates, micrometers, or scales.
- Measure, mix, cut, shape, soften, and join materials and ingredients, such as powder, cornmeal, or rubber to prepare them for machine processing.
- Measure arbors and dies to verify sizes specified on work tickets.
||Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
- Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, installations, or work for conformance to specifications.
- Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
- Weigh materials, products, containers, or samples to verify packaging weights or ingredient quantities.
||Precious Metal Workers
- Weigh and mix alloy ingredients, using formulas and knowledge of ingredients' chemical properties.
- Weigh completed items to determine weights and record any deviations.
- Verify that bottom edges of articles are level, using straightedges or by rocking them back and forth on flat surfaces.