Related occupations for task:
Repair or replace worn or defective parts or components, using hand tools.
||Computer Numerically Controlled Tool Operators
- Remove and replace dull cutting tools.
- Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machines malfunction.
- Maintain machines and remove and replace broken or worn machine tools, using hand tools.
||Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and make minor repairs to equipment.
- Replace worn dies when products vary from specifications.
||Chemical Plant and System Operators
- Repair or replace damaged equipment.
- Defrost frozen valves, using steam hoses.
||Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Change worn machine accessories, such as cutting tools or brushes, using hand tools.
- Make minor electrical and mechanical repairs and adjustments to machines and notify supervisors when major service is required.
||Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators
- Perform or arrange for repairs, such as complete overhauls, replacement of defective valves, gaskets, or bearings, or fabrication of new parts.
- Provide assistance to plumbers in repairing or replacing water, sewer, or waste lines, and in daily maintenance activities.
See more related occupations >>