Related Occupations for Task
51-8092.00 - Gas Plant Operators
Related occupations for task:
Signal or direct workers who tend auxiliary equipment.
||Nuclear Power Reactor Operators
- Direct reactor operators in emergency situations, in accordance with emergency operating procedures.
- Authorize maintenance activities on units or changes in equipment or system operational status.
- Supervise technicians' work activities to ensure that equipment is operated in accordance with policies and procedures that protect workers from radiation and ensure environmental safety.
- Authorize actions to correct identified operational inefficiencies or hazards so that operating efficiency is maximized and potential environmental issues are minimized.
- Direct the collection and testing of air, water, gas, or solid samples to determine radioactivity levels or to ensure appropriate radioactive containment.
- Direct measurement of the intensity or types of radiation in work areas, equipment, or materials.
- Identify or direct implementation of appropriate decontamination procedures, based on equipment and the size, nature, and type of contamination.
||Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers
- Signal other workers by telephone or radio to operate pumps, open and close valves, and check temperatures.
- Synchronize activities with other pumphouses to ensure a continuous flow of products and a minimum of contamination between products.
- Coordinate shutdowns and major projects.
||Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Start conveyors and open furnace doors to load stock, or signal crane operators to uncover soaking pits and lower ingots into them.
- Place completed workpieces on conveyors, using cold rods, tongs, or chain hoists, or signal crane operators to transport them to subsequent stations.
- Signal forklift operators to deposit or extract containers of parts into and from furnaces and quenching rinse tanks.
||Laundry and Dry-Cleaning Workers
- Load articles into washers or dry-cleaning machines, or direct other workers to perform loading.
- Operate extractors and driers, or direct their operation.
- Remove items from washers or dry-cleaning machines, or direct other workers to do so.
||Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders
- Kindle fires, and shovel fuel and other materials into furnaces or onto conveyors by hand, with hoists, or by directing crane operators.
- Direct work crews in the cleaning and repair of furnace walls and flooring.
See more related occupations >>