Related occupations for task:
Attach hoses and operate pumps to transfer substances to and from liquid cargo tanks.
||Gas Compressor and Gas Pumping Station Operators
- Respond to problems by adjusting control room equipment or instructing other personnel to adjust equipment at problem locations or in other control areas.
- Adjust valves and equipment to obtain specified performance.
- Move controls and turn valves to start compressor engines, pumps, and auxiliary equipment.
- Operate power-driven pumps that transfer liquids, semi-liquids, gases, or powdered materials.
- Turn knobs or switches to regulate pressures.
- Connect pipelines between pumps and containers that are being filled or emptied.
- Start compressor engines and divert oil from storage tanks into compressor units and auxiliary equipment to recover natural gas from oil.
- Operate engines and pumps to shut off wells according to production schedules, and to switch flow of oil into storage tanks.
- Open valves to return compressed gas to bottoms of specified wells to repressurize them and force oil to surface.
- Attach pumps and hoses to wellheads.
- Control pumping and blending equipment to acidize, cement, or fracture gas or oil wells and permeable rock formations.
||Pump Operators, Except Wellhead Pumpers
- Turn valves and start pumps to start or regulate flows of substances such as gases, liquids, slurries, or powdered materials.
- Connect hoses and pipelines to pumps and vessels prior to material transfer, using hand tools.
- Pump two or more materials into one tank to blend mixtures.
||Cleaners of Vehicles and Equipment
- Turn valves or handles on equipment to regulate pressure or flow of water, air, steam, or abrasives from sprayer nozzles.
- Turn valves or disconnect hoses to eliminate water, cleaning solutions, or vapors from machinery or tanks.
- Connect hoses or lines to pumps or other equipment.
||Tank Car, Truck, and Ship Loaders
- Start pumps and adjust valves or cables to regulate the flow of products to vessels, using knowledge of loading procedures.
- Unload cars containing liquids by connecting hoses to outlet plugs and pumping compressed air into cars to force liquids into storage tanks.
See all 12 related occupations >>