Related occupations for task:
Respond to problems by adjusting control room equipment or instructing other personnel to adjust equipment at problem locations or in other control areas.
- Start compressor engines and divert oil from storage tanks into compressor units and auxiliary equipment to recover natural gas from oil.
- Operate engines and pumps to shut off wells according to production schedules, and to switch flow of oil into storage tanks.
- Open valves to return compressed gas to bottoms of specified wells to repressurize them and force oil to surface.
- Control pumping and blending equipment to acidize, cement, or fracture gas or oil wells and permeable rock formations.
||Captains, Mates, and Pilots of Water Vessels
- Direct or coordinate crew members or workers performing activities such as loading or unloading cargo, steering vessels, operating engines, or operating, maintaining, or repairing ship equipment.
- Supervise crews in cleaning or maintaining decks, superstructures, or bridges.
- Pump water to clear machinery pipelines.
- Direct or assist workers placing shore anchors and cables, laying additional pipes from dredges to shore, and pumping water from pontoons.
||Pump Operators, Except Wellhead Pumpers
- Turn valves and start pumps to start or regulate flows of substances such as gases, liquids, slurries, or powdered materials.
- Pump two or more materials into one tank to blend mixtures.
- Operate or maintain off-loading liquid pumps or valves.
- Supervise marine engine technicians engaged in the maintenance or repair of mechanical or electrical marine vessels, and inspect their work to ensure that it is performed properly.
See all 12 related occupations >>