Related occupations for task:
Transcribe, type, and distribute reports of diagnostic procedures for interpretation by physician.
- Take dictation using shorthand, a stenotype machine, or headsets and transcribing machines.
- Perform data entry and data retrieval services, providing data for inclusion in medical records and for transmission to physicians.
- Perform a variety of clerical and office tasks, such as handling incoming and outgoing mail, completing and submitting insurance claims, typing, filing, or operating office machines.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors.
||Medical Records and Health Information Technicians
- Retrieve patient medical records for physicians, technicians, or other medical personnel.
- Transcribe medical reports.
- Release information to persons or agencies according to regulations.
- Operate cash register to process cash or credit sales.
- Prepare prescription labels by typing or operating a computer and printer.
- Perform clerical tasks, such as filing, compiling and maintaining prescription records, or composing letters.
- Receive written prescription or refill requests and verify that information is complete and accurate.
- Answer telephones, responding to questions or requests.
- Price and file prescriptions that have been filled.
- Write reports and maintain proper documentation of information, such as client Medicaid or billing records or caseload activities, including the initial evaluation, treatment, progress, and discharge of clients.
- Participate in and write reports for meetings regarding patients' progress, such as individualized educational planning (IEP) meetings, in-service meetings, or intervention assistance team meetings.
See more related occupations >>