Related occupations for task:
Conduct field surveillance to gather case-related information.
- Perform medicolegal examinations and autopsies, conducting preliminary examinations of the body to identify victims, locate signs of trauma, and identify factors that would indicate time of death.
- Inquire into the cause, manner, and circumstances of human deaths and establish the identities of deceased persons.
- Collect and document any pertinent medical history information.
- Observe, record, and preserve any objects or personal property related to deaths, including objects such as medication containers and suicide notes.
- Observe and record the positions and conditions of bodies and related evidence.
- Collect wills, burial instructions, and other documentation needed for investigations and for handling of the remains.
||Government Property Inspectors and Investigators
- Collect, identify, evaluate, or preserve case evidence.
||Insurance Adjusters, Examiners, and Investigators
- Collect evidence to support contested claims in court.
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
||Tax Examiners and Collectors, and Revenue Agents
- Prepare briefs and assist in searching and seizing records to prepare charges and documentation for court cases.
See all 6 related occupations >>