Related occupations for task:
Develop and prescribe exercise programs such as off-season conditioning regimens.
- Plan or implement comprehensive athletic injury or illness prevention programs.
- Collaborate with physicians to develop and implement comprehensive rehabilitation programs for athletic injuries.
- Develop training programs or routines designed to improve athletic performance.
||Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physicians
- Prescribe physical therapy to relax the muscles and improve strength.
- Prescribe therapy services, such as electrotherapy, ultrasonography, heat or cold therapy, hydrotherapy, debridement, short-wave or microwave diathermy, and infrared or ultraviolet radiation, to enhance rehabilitation.
- Order supportive care services, such as physical therapy, specialized nursing care, and social services.
- Prescribe or administer treatments, such as transcranial magnetic stimulation, vagus nerve stimulation, and deep brain stimulation.
- Prescribe therapy or medication with physician approval.
- Visit and observe patients on hospital rounds or house calls, updating charts, ordering therapy, and reporting back to physician.
- Develop exercise programs to improve participant strength, flexibility, endurance, or circulatory functioning, in accordance with exercise science standards, regulatory requirements, and credentialing requirements.
- Prescribe individualized exercise programs, specifying equipment, such as treadmill, exercise bicycle, ergometers, or perceptual goggles.
See all 18 related occupations >>