Related occupations for task:
Create or modify impressions for earmolds and hearing aid shells.
||Orthotists and Prosthetists
- Select materials and components to be used, based on device design.
- Make and modify plaster casts of areas that will be fitted with prostheses or orthoses, for use in the device construction process.
- Construct and fabricate appliances or supervise others constructing the appliances.
- Repair, rebuild, and modify prosthetic and orthopedic appliances.
- Verify that finished lenses are ground to specifications.
- Fabricate lenses to meet prescription specifications.
- Assemble eyeglasses by cutting and edging lenses, and fitting the lenses into frames.
- Grind lens edges, or apply coatings to lenses.
- Design and fabricate appliances, such as space maintainers, retainers, and labial and lingual arch wires.
- Make and fit prosthetic appliances.
- Make impressions for study casts.
See all 9 related occupations >>