Related Occupations for Task
27-2022.00 - Coaches and Scouts
Related occupations for task:
Plan and direct physical conditioning programs that will enable athletes to achieve maximum performance.
||Umpires, Referees, and Other Sports Officials
- Officiate at sporting events, games, or competitions, to maintain standards of play and to ensure that game rules are observed.
- Signal participants or other officials to make them aware of infractions or to otherwise regulate play or competition.
- Keep track of event times, including race times and elapsed time during game segments, starting or stopping play when necessary.
- Start races and competitions.
- Resolve claims of rule infractions or complaints by participants and assess any necessary penalties, according to regulations.
- Confer with other sporting officials, coaches, players, and facility managers to provide information, coordinate activities, and discuss problems.
- Direct participants to assigned areas, such as starting blocks or penalty areas.
||Recreation and Fitness Studies Teachers, Postsecondary