Related occupations for task:
Perform support duties, such as preparing materials, keeping records, maintaining supplies, and scheduling activities.
- Take dictation using shorthand, a stenotype machine, or headsets and transcribing machines.
- Perform data entry and data retrieval services, providing data for inclusion in medical records and for transmission to physicians.
- Set up and maintain medical files and databases, including records such as x-ray, lab, and procedure reports, medical histories, diagnostic workups, admission and discharge summaries, and clinical resumes.
- Perform a variety of clerical and office tasks, such as handling incoming and outgoing mail, completing and submitting insurance claims, typing, filing, or operating office machines.
- Receive patients, schedule appointments, and maintain patient records.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors.
||Medical Records Specialists
- Release information to persons or agencies according to regulations.
- Retrieve patient medical records for physicians, technicians, or other medical personnel.
- Scan patients' health records into electronic formats.
- Transcribe medical reports.
||Physical Therapist Aides
- Record treatment given and equipment used.
- Arrange treatment supplies to keep them in order.
- Perform clerical duties, such as taking inventory, ordering supplies, answering telephone, taking messages, or filling out forms.
- Maintain equipment or furniture to keep it in good working condition, including performing the assembly or disassembly of equipment or accessories.
||Veterinary Assistants and Laboratory Animal Caretakers
- Perform office reception duties, such as scheduling appointments or helping customers.
- Prepare surgical equipment and pass instruments or materials to veterinarians during surgical procedures.
- Write reports, maintain research information, or perform clerical duties.
||Medical Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
- Maintain medical records, technical library, or correspondence files.
- Compile and record medical charts, reports, or correspondence, using typewriter or personal computer.
- Transcribe recorded messages or practitioners' diagnoses or recommendations into patients' medical records.
See more related occupations >>